These beautiful, warm days are changing to cooler and colder days and night. Cold weather will be coming and Rosie’s Place needs coats and jackets for those who will be shivering and cold. Following are some items that we currently need. Rosie’s Place is funded entirely by private donations, and receives no government funding. Rosie’s Place serves poor and homeless women in the greater Boston area and is located on Harrison Avenue, just off Mass. Ave. in the South End near the Boston Medical Center.
· We welcome women’s or men’s coats.
· Please ensure that the coats are clean and in good condition.
· Many of our guests need larger sizes, so men’s coats are perfect. Plus we have many women who simply prefer the style of a man’s coat.
· Unfortunately, we cannot accept children’s coats.
· We can take the coats as soon as possible. We want to begin distributing them before the cold weather sets in. We will gladly accept lighter jackets as well.
Please bring to St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Newton Lower Falls and put coats in plastic bin below the bulletin board in the front hall. If you have any questions, please contact Jane Sabin at email@example.com, or 781-444-5246.